24 October 2010

....it has begun......


With my Human Development mid-term complete and submitted, I realize that my pilgrimage to Israel-Palestine has begun.  I am grateful that I have been able to stay on task with all the things I have needed to do in preparation for this trip - packing, sorting, organizing, more packing, verifying, studying, eating, and sleeping (sometimes).

Now, there is very little to "do" between now and my departure ... my trip has really begun....

One of the things that I am intending on this trip is to BE wherever I am.  I honestly have no expectations. Even looking at the amazing itinerary, I know plans always have to be flexible.  One of my teachers, Betty Goodreau, taught me to have no agendas even if they are written down.

So, I am Being or attempting to at least be more mindful of everything now....breathing as often as I can remember....trusting myself and my preparation ....enjoying the building excitement and anxiety (anxiety will help keep me aware in ways that will keep me safe)....and holding all the intentions and prayers that have been gifted to me to carry.

Until later....it's off to BE - I hope you BE too J

No comments:

Post a Comment