29 December 2010

The Fog

The fog rested in the tree-tops obscuring sky, blocking the sun, and hiding from view the crow's nest in the upper branches. I would have been down-hearted, had I thought it would lie there forever, but being acquainted with fog, I waited, calm, for it to dissipate, at least move on. The way pain does, and sadness......those other transients shrouds. - p. dalton


I know I am where I am supposed to be for a greater purpose, but the difficulty with it all, and with what is required to be compassionate, tolerant and loving in every moment is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Does our human-ness limit our ability to offer unlimited compassion and love? At some point in the past I would have said no. If we desire, our human-ness can be transcended and unconditional love and unconditional compassion is possible always - but now I don't know, and just saying that makes me sad. Perhaps when I question my capacity for compassion and tolerance for others, it is really an opportunity to cultivate compassion and tolerance for myself and my human-ness. Perhaps that is when the shroud can lift a little.

Shalom, Salaam, Shanti, Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment